Not the best weather today, so I am trying to recapitulate Switzerland from 1977 to 1992 and enrich the memories with data I gathered later, sooner or later.
If I remember it right my first excursion to Switzerland was 1977. We were visiting relatives in Friedrichshafen and went with the ferry over the lake of Constance to Romanshorn. There we took a bus to Säntis.
1979 we went to Brig and explored this area. We went to Vevey, Bettmeralp, Aletschgletscher and Gornergrat, Zermatt.
If I remember it right, my sister moved to Switzerland in 1980. First she was living in a little village in the upper Rhein Valey in Grisons were they spoke wonderful romanesh language. From there we were making many excursions in the area and over the San Bernadino to Tessin and Oberalppass to Uri. 1981 I spent my holidays in Arosa.
1982 she moved to Beckenried a city in Nidwalden, situated at the lake of Lucerne. 1983 she got married there. A wonderful wedding at St. Jost, a nice chapel at Bürgenstock, followed by a lake cruise and a diner with party in a festival tent next to her house at the opposite side of the lake. Then they were opening a high class cooking school in Lucerne together with the most famous cook in Switzerland at this time, Marianne Kaltenbach. I spent there several times a year and was doing nothing special, just hanging around, learning for my exams and having long walks with the dogs, annoying the cat and the pig. We did less excursions there. Although looking everyday at Vitznau and other places at the lakeside, I never came to the idea to go there, since I was busy with learning for my exams. When we made it to Migros in Stans on some saturdays, we were happy to be at home again, because we did not know what to do with all those people from the other villages.
1988 they got divorced, she moved to Buochs and later to Hergiswil. She was quite desperate and nobody knew exactely what to do. I was busy with my military service and our mother visited her often to calm her. As an intersting byproduct she stopped smoking. 1989 she moved to Zurich, were I did a work experience with a management consultancy in the same year. If I remember it right, she moved three times within the city. When I was finishing my thesis in 1992, the first thing I did, was visiting her. But unfortunately she was not in a good constitution due her personal and social development and I could not help her. 1994 she moved back to Germany, because they were not able to integrate her. In Germany her situation worsened even more and she got a psychiatric case for her lifetime. Now I know, they do that for purpose, to expropriate families for political reasons.
What I learned:
- You don’t know today, what you will remember in future. So you always are quite busy with organizing thoughts, emotions and reasoning.
- Therefore It is very important to keep record of the things happening in your lifetime, and to have access to them where ever you are.
- You need people to reconstruct exact dates, thoughs and feelings, if you are not organizing them by yourself.
- People feel different about situations and memories, might loose access to them or confabulate.
- The evaluation of happenings is changing, dependent on your present situation.
- There is lots of literature about emotion, memory and consciousness. Deal with it, as good as you can.
- Embrace technologies that are making sense of your life, helping you to keep record of what is going on, and see things you don’t, but you might need to develop.
From most events I did super 8 movies, but unfortunately I don’t have access to them at the moment. I hope to be able to digitalize them someday and to enrich this blog for your entertainment.
Further hints for reconstruction in my post account, I was very keen on. For sure improvable by them in a digital world.